Monday, March 21, 2005

tennis, anyone?


I'm Feeling: rushed
Background Noise: Danny Boy by Eva Cassidy

The student I just met with came in carrying one of those red tennis bags... anyone who plays tennis knows that the people who carry the red bags are serious players. I like the red bags, but would never own/carry one for fear that I would be found out as a recreational tennis player posing as a serious groundstroker. Needless to say, I was impressed and we spent the first 2-3 minutes chatting about tennis. He used to use the same racket Pete Sampras used - it weighs 14oz. He owns 12 rackets, but was only carrying 4 of them today. Color me intimidated. Makes me want to play.

(Second) Thought for the day: If you could play one sport professionally, what would it be?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Football!!! Maybe tennis... um, how about basketball... oh no, hockey of course! Oh I don't know! I like them all!

Anonymous said...

WATER POLO!!!! YAY!

I played tennis in high school and loved it, but I must have not been serious - my bag was black and blue and I only had 2 rackets. :)