Tuesday, March 15, 2005

a little random, let's be honest...

I'm Feeling: slightly overwhelmed
Background Noise: Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks

Last week I was borderline complaining about how slow things were with all the students gone on Spring Break... today, I am eating those words! Twelve scheduled appointments, I've only been in the office a little over 30 minutes and I've already sent half a dozen emails and looked up 2 students' files. Can you pass the salt?

Anyone who knows me is aware that I love to read - last night, I started a "new" book (new means that I began on page 1 - I've actually read this book before and I've owned it for a few years). The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning - I didn't even get to finish the first chapter (there are three forewords!) and I was just stunned. I forgot what a powerfully written book it is - striking and humbling. I felt like taking a long look at my life - trying to seek out areas where I need to get over myself, areas where I need to relax and let myself have joy, and areas where I need to stop trying soo hard and getting stressed out. I know - it's a little intense - but so freeing. Highly recommended!

Thought for today: How would you finish the sentence "I am a ________" ? What makes you who you are?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I AM A ... "punk" is the first thing that comes to mind. I hope if others had to describe me, "punk" wouldn't be they're first thought.

Anonymous said...

This tells you how much my profession consumes my life.

I am a ..... Teacher.

More specifically, a first year teacher who is DYING and needs Spring Break NOW to catch up!!! Ahhh!!!