Wednesday, March 30, 2005

my friends!


I'm Feeling: worn out, but in a good way
Background Noise: incessant beeping from the elevator that is being replaced

I had fantastic fun last night - and that's a large part of the reason I am tired today... but it's sooo worth it! My friends Katie, Katie and Jillian (she's the one in the picture with me - isn't she gorgeous?) and I have started meeting on Tuesdays to spend some time encouraging each other and having fun. I had a BLAST yesterday - we were laughing and making jokes and teasing each other - but we were also being real and honest and leaning on each other. I love discovering beautiful, loving souls in people that you didn't know very well before - and these girls have lovely, strong, positive spirits. I really can't explain how much good it did me to have these women in my day. Work was tough - long days, lots of questions, lots of students that are stressed out by tests and enrollment and graduation, and I felt pretty wrung out by the end of the day. I was so energized and uplifted by our time together.

Then, Katie, Katie, Brooks, Hammer, and Jillian came over to our house to work out/do homework/watch Harry Potter. It was awesome!! I love that our friends like to be at our house - that they are comfortable taking over the kitchen table with their homework and relaxed enough to know we love having them there. Thanks for making our night!!

Thought for the day: What is your favorite kitchen utensil? Why?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why so kids feel so relaxed at MY house!!! Don't they have a broom closet of their own to study in??? Mangy brats!!!