Friday, March 18, 2005

oh yeah, March Madness...


I'm Feeling: school spirit-y
Background Noise: Circle of Life by Elton John (yes, from The Lion King soundtrack)

I don't really care about sports, although there is a hierarchy to my nonchalance. College sports beat professionals any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and anything that MSU is playing in beats anything they aren't. It's a pretty girly breakdown, but hey, I'm a girl! Normally, I pay vague attention to the regular season (except hockey, which we get season tickets to every year) and then my interest piques when the stakes get higher.

Today, to show my wishy-washy devotion to college basketball (but unswerving devotion to the Spartans), I'm wearing my age-old MSU sweatshirt. Not my most professional outfit, but the occasion certainly called for some spirit. For the men, who play tonight, and for our awesome women, who play tomorrow afternoon. Rock on!

On a separate note, if things go as planned this weekend, my office will be getting a paint job! Nothing drastic, but it should brighten the place up a little. I also must acknowledge the recent increase in green on my blog - I normally try to keep the colors changing, but there is no excuse for NOT writing in green today and yesterday. We'll move on to some new colors next week.

Thought for today: What do people often misunderstand about you?

2 thoughts:

Jamie said...

Thought for today: What do people often misunderstand about you?

My good looks... :-)

Anonymous said...

GO STATE! In my bracket (the only time I pay attention to any sports outside of MSU) I have us upsetting Duke.... YAY!

Misunderstand? What it means to be a teacher. :)