Tuesday, April 26, 2005

April showers...


I'm Feeling: pretty unremarkable
Background Noise: Raise Your Hands by Bon Jovi

My theory: If I put enough pictures of pretty spring flowers up on my blog, maybe spring will come faster. Yesterday was beautiful, although a tiny bit chilly, so I'm just gonna help things along a little bit.

The last couple weeks have been crazy in this office! I knew enrollment time would be busy - lots of people with lots of questions about their coursework and requirements. It's really fun most of the time - I like when people leave here feeling significantly better than when they walked in. I'm a strongly empathetic person (to my downfall, sometimes), so I am very much affected by others' responses to me - for example, it's really hard for me to shake it off when a student leaves my office in tears, even if it had nothing to do with me. On the flip side, it's a huge upper to have students leave smiling, saying that they feel so much better about next year. Yay - me too!! :)

Thought for the day: Are you good at putting yourself in someone else's place? Is it always a good thing to do?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I don't know... It's easier for me to put myself in someone else's place when I think their feelings are legitimate. Not a very empathetic skill set, eh?