Friday, April 29, 2005

Funkytown


I'm Feeling: sooo ready for the weekend!
Background Noise: Still the Cross by FFH

I like this picture for a couple reasons. One, because it is pretty blue and purple - excellent colors! Two, because it looks like if you spun it around and around, it would hypnotize you. I think that's kinda cool.

I've been in kind of a funk lately, but not in the way one normally means when using that phrase. Let me explain. My mood has been pretty good - I'm not feeling particularly cranky or upset, but I'm experiencing a weird blend of frustration and contentment. Both emotions at the same time, just about different issues. I'm also crazy busy, but with things that I generally like to do - I just really need 48 hours in a day instead of 24. Then maybe I could get all the things done that I want to do. But part of me still feels like it's getting lost in there - it's almost like my life is going through a funk, not me. I know that sounds really weird, but there it is.

However, my friends are fabulous, my grandpa is okay, the sun is shining today, and in 4 hours - my weekend begins! There are lots of things to be happy about! Hopefully my life-funk will run its course shortly, and I can go back to "normal" life (whatever that means - I don't think I'd recognize normal if it bit me on the kneecap).

Thought for the day: The word funk is really fun to say (I think). Got any other words that you think are really fun?

3 thoughts:

Dana said...

Hello! I hope your funk ends soon, let me know if you need me to entertain or help you with that... and in response to your comment on my blog, you most certainly are one of the "5 people" who can pull off capris. I, however, am not:)

Anonymous said...

Katie...i hope the funk leaves you! Also you say you need 48 to do all you want in a day...well just a little word from the B man. God only gives us 24 and although that may not be enough to do all 'we' want it is totally enough to do all 'God' wants!!! You are great and I am sure I will see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Monday now... How is your 'funk' this morning? Good weekend?