Thursday, April 28, 2005

summer days


I'm Feeling: happy
Background Noise: Come Away With Me by Norah Jones

I put together a puzzle last summer that looked exactly like that picture - it was 1500 pieces I think... I was unemployed last summer, for those who don't know. I spent a lot of time sitting around the house, trying to make myself busy with funny things like jigsaw puzzles and projects. (yes, for those of you who didn't already know - I am a complete dork) This year - very different story. I have all kinds of things I'm dying to do around the house, and I'm going to have to be a master of balancing my schedule to get it all done. The school year is almost over... I'm happy and sad about that.

Happy because:
1. I'll have more evenings free to catch up with family and old friends
2. The nights get warmer and longer - I love summer!
3. I can work outside in the yard
4. Some of these projects can stop being dreams and start actually happening (I hope)
5. Travel!
6. I get to meet lots of incoming students at AOP

Sad because:
1. Lots of our new friends will be out of town
2. Lots of our new friends will be moving away - I don't like when people leave
3. There will be far fewer students coming into my office during the summer - and they are what keep my days interesting and lively!

Luckily, I have far more things to be happy about in the summer than things to be sad about - and really, I have no idea what is in store for me. Things that seem to be sad or unfortunate often turn out to be blessings, and we get to do things and meet people that we'd never have encountered otherwise.

Thought for the day: What are you looking forward to? What changes are you afraid of?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about summer too! Bring on the sun, warmth and waterskiing!!!