Monday, May 02, 2005

Yee Haw


I'm Feeling: pretty durn good, I'd guess
Background Noise: Seasons of Love from the RENT soundtrack

Dana, Kelsey, Beth, Dave, Mark and I went line dancing this weekend -that's us in the picture! :) Haha, right... well, we were nearly that good. We went to the Cactus Juice Saloon in downtown Lansing - and I can't remember the last time I had sooo much fun!! Seriously, it was such a riot to get dressed up in my cowboy hat (yes, both my husband and I own our own hats - we're dorks) and step from downtown Lansing into Texas on Saturday night. I've found my new favorite past-time. Although I desperately need lessons - some of those dances are crazy fast!! So if you're ever looking for me on a Thursday night, I'll probably be at the Juice, taking line dance lessons. Dana and I are planning to choreograph our very own dance, so at least once, we can be the ones who know what we are doing, and everyone else on the floor can try to follow us.

I still feel a little funk-y, but I'm snapping out of it. Sometimes it's really easy for me to get stressed out, and convince myself that things are harder than they are. I think that's because most of the time, I try to stay really low-key and laid-back (which can take effort on my part at times; I can be a little high-strung). I'm trying to find that balance that you need between growing/evolving and denying your actual personality. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating changing yourself to try to be more like other people - but I have a strong drive to continually grow and become more the woman I was created to be. Maybe I took a small step this weekend.

Thought for the day: (it's time to brag a little bit) What part of your personality do you like the most?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Howdy partner! I reckon it was a hoot and hollering good time on Saturday!

Whatever part of my personality that won my "Cow Woman's" affection, that's my favorite!