Wednesday, April 06, 2005

green pastures


I'm Feeling: thoughtful and content
Background Noise: Where Everybody Knows Your Name by Gary Portnoy (Cheers theme)

I took this picture last summer in downtown Chicago. It just seemed like a neat snapshot of life - nothing spectacular or exciting - just companionship and a moment's rest. I'll be the first to admit, sometimes people drive me crazy. But there are other times (like today), when our humanity strikes me, and I just feel so compelled by the people around me. I love being taken unaware by that feeling. Yes, sometimes people are selfish, rude, impatient, and proud. But just as often, people are considerate, sincere, brave and humble. We are capable of so much - today I am reassured in the potential of humanity.

ANOTHER beautiful day too - although rumor has it that it's supposed to rain. That's okay with me, as I'm a HUGE fan of spring/summer storms. Just as long as I don't get soaked.

Thought for the day:
The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card. Weird.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

ONE COMMENTS FOR YOU.

Yeah, the king of hearts is a completely messed up playing card. He doesn't have a mustache AND he's holding his sword to his head, which is why he's also called the "suicide king." He's gotta be different from the rest, and he's all angsty with his dagger to his head. The king of hearts is so a teenage boy.

Enjoy the beautiful weather!