Thursday, April 07, 2005

it's all fun and games until...


I'm Feeling: sooo stinking tired!!
Background Noise: random clanking and clunking from the elevator - I haven't turned on my music yet

We visited our new friends, Kate and Sid in Ann Arbor last night. Kate is a law student at U of M, and Sid teaches high school. We ate our first grilled dinner of the season - burgers (thanks, Sid!), walked to the park with their dog (a Rottweiler named Radish who is totally scary looking but actually a really sweet dog - as far as we can tell) and then played Scene It, which Mark and I have never played before. Although we got home waaay too late, we had a really good time with them.

Ever feel as though your life is like a treadmill that is keeping a certain pace (or speeding up) - and somehow, you are strapped to it and can't get off, but you're really tired and don't know how much longer you can stay on your feet? I'm starting to feel like that - but in an exhausted-I-need-a-break kind of way, not a depressing-I-hate-my-life kind of way. Because I love my life. And I love all the things that are keeping me so stinking busy. But I tell you what, a break would be FANTASTIC right now. I just need one day to sleep - straight through. But I really hate to miss things, so let's face it, I'd never actually do that. I'll just have to suck it up. This too shall pass.

Thought for the day: Every square inch of the human body has an average of 32 million bacteria on it. Ewww - wash your hands, people! :)

0 thoughts: