Friday, May 20, 2005

troubled waters


I'm Feeling: anxious
Background Noise: I Just Wanna Be Mad by Terri Clark

I like watching water - it's one of those really weird things in life that we don't think about too often, but when one actually sits down to ponder 'water,' amazement and awe must follow. One of my favorite things about water is the ripple effect, and not just because it's kinda pretty. I think it echoes our lives so strongly - the idea that little things make a big impact. Sometimes the little things are heart-warming and affectionate... other times the little things are thoughtless and hurtful. Whatever the case, one little pebble can make a noticeable disturbance in the surface of the water. Of course, the ripples gradually fade away, and the water returns to its placid facade. But the pebble is still there, under the surface. Kinda wild.

One of my other favorite things to do is to try to make ordinary, everyday things into deep, meaningful allegorical anecdotes. How'd I do today?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I like it. :) Hope you are feeling better!