Thursday, May 05, 2005

A lot happens in a year....


I'm Feeling: tired
Background Noise: Angel by Sarah McLachlan

A year ago, I finished my master's degree in Student Affairs Administration. I had no job lined up - no idea where I'd be. I've been the academic advisor for the Department of Political Science for almost 9 months now, and I'm really enjoying it. A year ago, Mike and Kristen still lived in town - although now, they've been in New York for almost a year (yikes!). A year ago, our living room and kitchen were not painted - today, they are pumpkin orange (I know that sounds funny, but I really do love it). A year ago, I'd never heard of YoungLife - today, we're so connected that I've no idea what the last year would have looked like without it. A year ago, our front and backyards were pure dirt. Today, they are pure weeds (although the ChemLawn guy is working on that for us).

In tribute to everyone's nostalgia at this time of year - I thought I'd reflect on some of the changes in my life. Many of them have hurt, some have been exciting, quite a few were uncomfortable and foreign - but all have woven together to give me a varied and beautiful life. I've met so many amazing souls - people with generous hearts, wide smiles, and passionate spirits. I've cried a lot, but laughed much more. I've been challenged and risen to that challenge -- I've also been challenged and failed. I've loved a lot of people - hopefully, the very best I could. There are people I'd love to see/talk to more often, and I have a long list of dreams and ambitions. Life sure is funny sometimes - hard, confusing, painful, exhilirating, peaceful, passionate and unique. I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 thoughts: