Thursday, May 19, 2005

the lovers, the dreamers, and me


I'm Feeling: I dunno
Background Noise: Independence Day by Martina McBride

What a week. I finally went to the doctor - turns out my malady is viral bronchitis - which basically means a nasty throat infection that they can't do anything about - it just has to run its course. On the upside, I got my tetanus shot updated today, so my left shoulder is achy. But if I step on a rusty nail tonight, I'll be totally safe.

This week's just been weird for me - I'm no good at being sick - lying still, getting rest, doing nothing. I get antsy and start cleaning the house and doing laundry and wanting to go out - makes it harder to get well quickly. I've been in and out of the office - canceling appointments (which I HATE to do) and catching up on email and voicemail as often as I can. We all whine about work sometimes, but I've really missed being here this week. Just goes to show.

I think the wise words of Kermit the Frog shed much needed hope and solace on my emotionally stressful week: Someday we'll find it - the Rainbow Connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me....

0 thoughts: