Tuesday, May 03, 2005

wouldn't it be nICE?


I'm Feeling: cold and sleepy
Background Noise: Only Hope by Switchfoot

I know it's May, but here in East Lansing, we're supposed to maybe break 50 degrees today, and yesterday was even chillier. When we showed up to work yesterday, the heat wasn't working. They told us they can't fix it until next week (when, by the way, it's supposed to be 75 degrees). So our offices are pretty stinking chilly right now - I'm snuggling with my mug of chai for warmth. The ventilation system in our delightful old academic building is such that it's always blowing air - ideally, you get to decide whether the air is hot or cold. Not this week. So I've piled some big books on top of the vents, hoping to muffle the cold air blasting out, forming icicles on my nose. (okay, you're right, I'm being dramatic).

I seriously could have stayed in bed for multiple more hours this morning - my poor body is wearing right out! Hopefully I'll be able to hit the sack early tonight and catch up on my beauty sleep (inner beauty, that is, and I truly believe sleep plays a crucial role in that!)

To all my dear MSU students/friends out there: one day of finals down, four (or less, depending on who you are!) to go!! Hang in there!

Thought for the day: If you toss a penny 10,000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but more like 4950. The heads side of the coin weighs more, so it tends to end up on the bottom. That pretty much throws off all the math I've learned since 6th grade. Great. At least now I know what to call during a coin toss.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Brrrr! Sounds cold, sorry!... I think I'll still stick with heads! It just seems like a more positive choice.