Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Cow Appreciation Day


I'm Feeling: like eating an ice cream sundae
Background Noise: To Make You Feel My Love by Trisha Yearwood

Today is Cow Appreciation Day!! I haven't decided yet what to do to celebrate cows - although the 4-H fair is going on at the MSU Pavilion this week, so I could stop in and visit cows if I had the time. I really don't have much going on after work today. Cows always remind me of my friend Stephanie - we went to middle school and high school together. She was a crack-up... we were awfully silly together. And Steph loved cows. She had cow slippers and cow statues and cow pajamas and cow pencils and cards and notebooks...

Mark left for the UP today - he's going camping with his HOSA officers in Houghton (way the heck up near Canada, for those unfamiliar with MI geography). He'll get back on Friday afternoon, just in time for us to leave 6 am Saturday morning for Little Lake (also in the UP). Crazy, I know, but there's no way around it. So I'm a single gal this week - gonna go shopping, catch up with some friends, and attend a bachelorette party - should be a fun week.

Thought for the day: If you could start up an "appreciation day" what would you choose to appreciate?

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I unfortunately have not been consistent in reading your blog Katie. I apologize, but do believe that it was more detremential to me than it has been to you. I say this because you always make me laugh in your blog. Anyways...if you really want that sundae call me!

Anonymous said...

This probably won't make sense, but I would appreciate children who like my children. It's so neat to see Michael interact with his pals and see all the girls go all gooey over Maggie. I appreciate those little people!

Julie

Katie said...

Julie -
That makes total sense - I've heard so many people say that about their kids. Anyone who loves your kids gets an automatic "A." It's cool to think of God and His children that way too - how much does God love it when we are loving each other... He says "It's so wonderful to see you appreciating my children!"