Thursday, July 21, 2005

too cool for school


I'm Feeling: air conditioned
Background Noise: Fever by Eva Cassidy

Yesterday afternoon I was not in the office because our new best friend, Andy from Ultimate Comfort was at our house, installing our very own 2.5 ton, 10 seer American Standard air conditioner (don't ask me what any of that means, but isn't it awfully impressive that I know it at all??) It took a ridiculously long time (they came at 8:45am and weren't completely done until almost 4pm) but I feel like we just got a whole new house. It's cool, which is great, but our front door has to stay shut now, which is a little sad. Mark and I like to leave that wide open most days (and we still will when it's cool enough to turn off the AC). It just feels friendlier that way. One more step toward adulthood (or one more way we are posing as adults, however you want to view it).

I also had the most fun evening last night. My friend Dana is getting married a week from Saturday, and I had no dress/outift to wear - so Emily, Dana and I had dinner and hit the mall. Sounds pretty average - but wait! We played "movie star" at NY & Company, found some attractive bustiers at Charlotte Russe, started planning the formal New Year's Eve party Mark and I are apparently having at our house, and tried on a total of 15 or 20 dresses at Marshall Field's between the 3 of us (including 10-20 dollar ball gowns - literally princess dresses on clearance). We also nearly got locked in the store, because we were still in the dressing rooms when the lights went out. Emily and I got to sit in the massage chairs on the way out of the mall, and we raced pennies. It might be hard for others to appreciate the magic of the evening - but it was an excellent rainy Wednesday evening in my books. Thanks for making last night totally fun, ladies!!

Thought for the Day: If you could pick any one thing to happen to you today, what it would be?

0 thoughts: