Wednesday, July 13, 2005

French Fries Day


I'm Feeling: mellow
Background Noise: All Blues by Kenny Burrell

Today, July 13th is French Fries Day... I don't really eat french fries much, but I thought it good to acknowledge that they have a "day." Yesterday was Barn Day, which I totally missed (bummer!) and our friends Mike and Kristen's 8th anniversary!! Congrats - we love you both so much!!

I'm glad it's Wednesday, for a number of reasons. The week is about half over (great!). I got free lunch today in Case Hall after AOP (okay, it's dorm food, but the salad bar is decent, and there's always fresh fruit!). I get to have a date with my husband tonight. We've set aside Wednesdays as date nights... we always thought we'd be that couple that could get away without needing "date night" - that we'd be able to spend enough quality time together of our own volition... but we were wrong. Our lives are ridiculously busy throughout the year - with stuff and people we love... and Wednesday nights have become a refuge for me in the middle of the week. I really look forward to a night alone with Mark - I think we are gonna play tennis tonight, get some dinner on our Applebee's gift card (thanks, Amy!) and watch a movie. Just sounds nice to me - except the part where I get my ego handed to me after playing Mark in tennis... but I think I'm tough enough to take a beating.

Thought for the day: What part of your week (or regular routine) do you look forward to?

0 thoughts: