Friday, July 22, 2005

par-tay!!


I'm Feeling: a little sleepy, but excited
Background Noise: Isn't It Love by Andrew Peterson

So many reasons to party and be excited today.
Number 1: Dana's bachelorette party is tonight, and not only do I get to help her celebrate her upcoming wedding, but I get to go to a Tigers game (first time ever) and hang out with a bunch of really fabulous women who love Jesus. Awesome.
Number 2: Yesterday was the last freshman AOP of the summer, and this afternoon is the last transfer orientation (at least for a month)!!! Can't explain the relief of that - not that it wasn't fun, but I really need to do my other work, and it was starting to get hard to find classes for everyone. Just nice to have a break.
Number 3: Mark comes home today!! I won't see him until after Dana's party, but I'm still totally geeked to have my best friend back. I missed him hard while he was gone.
Number 4: We leave tomorrow for Upper Peninsula Bible Camp, to be counselors! I'm excited/nervous... don't really know what to expect. Mark loves this camp though, and all the stories I've heard are fabulous. The only not exciting part is our ETD... 6am. OUCH!

On that note, I leave you with what may well be my last blog post for awhile... we won't be back from camp up North til Saturday, when we head straight for Dana and Dave's wedding... I honestly have no idea how many people actually read this, but I'll miss you all! :)

Thought for the day: Is there anything you have a habit of doing that you'd like to stop? Not necessarily a bad habit, but one that can sometimes get you into tricky places? Me - I like to share with people - things that are going on, experiences, conversations, emotions... sometimes I think my mouth is too stinking big. I need to learn how to close it - "Don't let anyone look down upon you because you are young, but set an example for believers in SPEECH, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." 1Timothy 4:12 Awesome verse.

0 thoughts: