Friday, August 26, 2005

down to the depot










I'm Feeling: well-fed

Background Noise: Down in the River to Pray by Alison Krauss

Last night both Brooks and Kelsey stayed the night at our house (Brooks has been living with us for about 2 weeks, and Kelsey was just visiting for the night). We got to bed a little late - but totally worth it to stay up and laugh with such good friends. This morning we were all in our living room at 5:56am - we had a breakfast date at the Mason Depot (pictured above - 1889 and now). It's this fun little diner in town, totally mom and pop place with random stuff on the walls and those plastic picnic tablecloths. It's awesome. We laughed, ate good things like peanut butter banana pancakes and oatmeal, laughed some more, heard from Psalms and Acts (thanks Kels!)... such a good way to start the day.

Greater Lansing Young Life officially kicks off today with its welcome back picnic - then we're off to Okemos High School to watch the Mason-Okemos football game (it's a big rivalry, it should be a really fun game). A long day, for sure, but I think it will be really fun. Oh, and I get to have lunch with Kelsey, which basically guarantees a spectacularly fun time. Hooray!

My busy week update - well, it's Friday - I'm still alive and kicking, and I've had a great time. There were one or two moments when I had to convince myself I was having a great time, but it feels really good to get to the end of the week and look back with a smile.

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I think peanut butter pancakes with blueberries will be my next venture. If I was motivated enough, I'd make a habit of Friday mornings at the Depot.

Anonymous said...

I've thought about taking Michael there sometime since he's such a crazy man for trains. Does a train ever drive past there? Is there a lot of train decorations?

-Julie