Monday, August 01, 2005

grr


I'm Feeling: slighted enough to blog for the second time today
Background Noise: You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog by Elvis Presley

In the academic advising world, no-shows happen a lot. Students schedule appointments, then forget, or don't feel like coming in, or are hungover, or what have you. I've either been a college student or worked with them for the past seven years - I know they are not the most reliable demographic on the planet. But seriously... every SINGLE one of my appointments today did not show up. That's ridiculous. Plus, I could have gotten SO much more done had I know that I had all day to myself. *sigh* The day is almost over... I can go home and relax a little soon.

Thought for the Day: What do your actions (or inactions) say about your character? Are you portraying the message you want people to see?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the no-shows! Losers! You should pre-assign advising appointments. Each student gets one appointment/year. If they miss it, they're out of luck FOREVER!!!

Anonymous said...

that is a tough question there katie. i think that my actions say a lot about my character and i think that hearing what other people think about my character is the best way for me to know!