Wednesday, September 07, 2005

brains!


I'm Feeling: a little tired
Background Noise: big truck of some kind idling outside our building

Did you know that our brains can't feel pain? All the other things brains can do, and there are no pain receptor-majiggies in them. Maybe it's because they are so busy doing other things all the time - can't be bothered with miniscule things like pain. Plus, they're busing registering pain from all other parts of our body - it would get pretty annoying, I'd think. I looked this up this morning, as I have had a headache since Sunday night. Not a horrible one, but noticeable and certainly distracting. I was trying to figure out what could be causing it. No dice. Hopefully it just goes away on its own.

I teach again today - although this week, I use that word loosely - I have 2 guest speakers coming in, so I won't actually have much of anything to do in class. Just get to sit back and listen - which will be really fun, I think.

I miss school - I knew it would happen, and I figured it would take about a year. I was right (I'm so stinking smart sometimes!) :) I want to take a class again - trouble is, I don't know what to take, and I don't have the time to take it. Maybe it's just not meant to be at this point in time. I'll just have to try to teach myself something. Any suggestions?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

how about micro-biology? You never know how that class may lead you!!!