Wednesday, November 30, 2005

visiting France


I'm Feeling: motivated to get some things done
Background Noise: Hitchin' A Ride by Vanity Fare

Yesterday morning, the familiar envelope appeared in the corner of my computer screen, indicating that I had a new email. When things are slow in the office (like they were yesterday), I pounce on any new information or request that may take up even 30 seconds of my time. I was pleasantly surprised to find an email informing me that I had been chosen to receive the Academic Advisor Study Abroad Site Visit Grant for which I had applied about a month ago. This means that in May, I get to spend a week, all expenses paid, in southern France, with one of MSU's study abroad programs while it is in session. How stinking cool is that?? I'm pumped - I've only been to Paris for a day (never ventured anywhere else in France), and now I get to go for a week, and someone else will plan my trip and pay for it! Plus, the program is called The Ecology, Culture and Politics of Food - we get to study vineyards and farms and markets. How cool - not only do these students get to go to one of the most beautiful parts of France, but they get to study food while they're there. I'm going to have to start learning to speak some French!

Already got a little Christmas shopping done yesterday, which rocks. I got my sister-in-law Melissa's present taken care of - she's fun to shop for because she likes clothes and jewelry and girly things, and she usually likes what I pick out for her. It's always more fun to shop for people who like the things you buy them.

How is your Christmas shopping coming along?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FRANCE!!

YAY KATIE! I'm so excited for you! That's such great news. Awwww, and studying FOOD. What could be better? It'd be like going abroad and studying The Economics of Leisure While Abroad And Visiting Everywhere You Wanted to See, Ever. YAYE. omg France. \:D/