Friday, February 17, 2006

he-eyyyy!

I'm Feeling: antsy
Background Noise: Love Shack by the B-52s

Last night I was at Riverview for about 4 hours, helping to set up for the Valentine's Day we're having tonight. I know it sounds corny, but the church is really going to look beautiful - there will be a DJ, we have a real dance floor, tables with centerpieces and candles and linens, and balloon pillars with drapey tulle... it should be fun. I enjoyed working last night to set up too, although the last hour or so I was turning to mush. The people are all really nice, we laughed a lot - I'm starting to feel like less of an outsider in the group. But I still get that feeling from them - that "We're not quite sure about you new people, and we have a good group of friends... should we really let you in?" feeling. It's a totally understandable feeling, because it stinks to make friends and have them move or leave... But it's a bummer to be on the outside, trying to work your way in. I have lots of fabulous friends right now, but I do miss the community we had at our old church. There were lots of fun couples - good friends.

Maybe tonight will be a turning point - we get to hang out, dance, eat, and have a good time... I'm looking forward to making some new friends, maybe getting to the point where we're comfortable going out for dinner or coffee or shopping or something. I like eating, having coffee and shopping. :)

Have a lovely weekend. To those of you (slackers) who have Monday ("President's Day") off work (you bums) - enjoy your extra relaxation time! (lazy good-for-nothings)
 Posted by Picasa

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! What a great idea! I just have to know... did they play Love Shack?

Katie said...

They DID play Love Shack!! :)