Tuesday, February 28, 2006

ode to my bed

I'm Feeling: lonesome for my bed
Background Noise: The Scientist by Coldplay

This morning was one of those mornings when an invisible force is actually pinning you to the mattress. It takes an unbelievable amount of willpower to pry yourself away from the flannel sheets, piles of pillows, and heavenly-soft featherbed... My bed was trying to claim me. (The picture is from Pottery Barn, not my bedroom, but it still looks like a comfy bed to me, so it gets the point across.) I nearly shed a tear when climbing out of bed, so strong was my desire to remain ensconced in its warm comfort. Yet alas, here I am at my desk, pulling up students' files, answering emails, and generally contributing to the delicate balance of the working world. *sigh* Hooray for willpower, I suppose.

I think today will be a good day, though. The sun is out (ALWAYS a good thing), I have a busy day appointment-wise (keeping busy is also ALWAYS a good thing), 7th grade volleyball game to attend tonight, and bible study to cap off the evening. I think I'll like today. Posted by Picasa

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Oops! Meant to post my message on your most recent one.... see yesterdays comments. :)