Monday, March 13, 2006

take a little time

I'm Feeling: blessed
Background Noise: Let's Hear It For the Boy by Deniece Williams

Well, I'm back from my excursions across the midwest! I had a great trip - it was fun to see my sister and my parents, and I had a blast with Heather, Ashley and Maggie (pictures to come!) I was blessed with good driving conditions, and safe, speedy travel. The only problem now is that I need time off to recover from my time off!! It's tiring to drive all over the place and be on the go - but work is busy right now (which is both good and bad), so no more time off for Kate for awhile.

As I wade through emails, voicemails, and regular mail - I'm struck again by how important it is to focus on things we care about. And that's not to say that we don't/shouldn't care about our work. But there are so many bigger things in our live - it would have been easy for me to say that I shouldn't take 4 days off to drive to Scott Air Force Base to visit my friends - too much will pile up while I'm gone, blah blah blah. But the truth is that not SO much piles up, and I was really blessed by time with a great friend and her beautiful children. Work will always be there, and for the most part, it can wait a minute/hour/day/week for you to focus on people and things that are more valuable.

Leave your bed unmade and spend a few more minutes talking to God. Leave the laundry for another day or two and spend your Saturday with some fabulous friends. Let your emails pile up a little while you take some time to get in touch with someone you haven't seen in awhile.

This is a lesson I need reminding of constantly - it's very easy for me to get hung up on details and organization. Today, I like that I can let some things be messy, and know that I've spent some of my time in a way that brings glory to God. Posted by Picasa

0 thoughts: