Friday, May 12, 2006

lookout for the haboob!

I'm Feeling: lonely for some sunshine
Background Noise: Hit the Road to Dreamland by Betty Hutton

I have a desk calendar that quotes excerpts from the book The Know-It-All (if you haven't read it, it's a pretty hilarious memoir of a guy who read the entire Encyclopaedia Brittanica straight through). Yesterday, it was a quote about haboobs. (pictured left - it's a big sandstorm-wall of sand thing) I like that word - although I don't think it instills the appropriate fear. It made me chuckle all day - just to look over and see the word "haboob" sitting on my desk. It's the little things....

Tonight is the last structured WyldLife event for the school year - it's not sad, but I know I will miss seeing the kids so regularly. It just means we'll have to make more of a concentrated effort to hang out together over the summer. The unfortunate thing is that we've planned an outdoor event at a local park - and it's currently raining and 39 degrees. We'd better bundle up for this evening!!

0 thoughts: