Monday, October 30, 2006

made my day

I had a great weekend with my friend Kristen - I will post a picture or two and more details later... today got away from me a little bit! :)

Today, my day was made by a birthday card I got in campus mail - signed in detail by all the lovely ladies I used to work with in the Department of Political Science. My new job is good - lots of great people and some cool new opportunities... but the growing pains and adjustments are hard. Sometimes I really really miss my old work "home" - and the card in the mail today is making me tear up a little. I sincerely wish I could have taken them all with me when I switched jobs - but "you can't take it with you," "this too shall pass," and all that jazz.

It's good to remember them all fondly, and know they remember me well also. I like that.

2 thoughts:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Katie! What a nice surprise from your 'old' coworkers. Hope the rest of your day goes just as splendid :)

Courtney said...

Happy birthday, Katie! :) I'm glad you had a good time with Kristen. Sometimes it's just nice to get away! :)