Wednesday, November 28, 2007

slightly different

This is the *slightly* different view out my window this morning, at 7:41am. You can't tell very well from this picture, but there is a lovely pinkish tinge to the horizon. Now, my WeatherBug says it's only 18.8 degrees right now - but it's still a lovely morning.
This sight was good for my heart this morning - I've had an emotionally rough couple of days. And not in the sense that anything bad has happened - just in the sense that my emotions seem to have gotten the better of me, and thus my behavior has been characterized by grumpiness and a lack of grace more than I'd care to admit.
But the sky has always reminded me of God's character - a beautiful, awe-inspiring entity that covers everyone and everything. Even me and my poor attitude.
Thanks, Lord, for the reminder that You are in all things, and that it is only in You that all things hold together. My life is not my own, and this world is not about men. My life is Yours, and this world is about Your power and glory. May I remember that today and everyday.

1 thoughts:

calibosmom said...

I'm really happy I happened upon your blog. Those are really powerful words and ones I needed to hear today. I have been feeling extra grumpy these past fews days too and thanks for reminding me that I need to forget about myself for a minute and remember whats really important!