Monday, May 19, 2008

on our own

Mark left yesterday morning around 10:00am, and will be back late tomorrow night.
I now (even more than I did before) have new respect for single (or situationally single) mamas everywhere.
How in the world do you gals do it?
I can handle things fine until 4:30 or 5:00 (the time Mark might normally come home)... then I start to unravel. For some reason, fussing & crying start to seem more overwhelming. It becomes harder to go places, harder to get things done. By bedtime last night, I was So Ready For Hazel to Sleep.
Thankfully, God's mercies are new every single morning - and we woke up to sunshine & a smiley baby today.
Let's just hope it lasts until bedtime.
And that Tuesday night comes quickly!! :)

1 thoughts:

Mary Craig said...

I totally know what you mean. I can not imagine doing this on my own.

"The Witching Hour" struck at my house every night, too. Buddy would get so cranky, screamy, fussy from about 4-6 every night.

ps-I tagged you for a meme!